Merchandise Return Procedure
- If a product fails during the applicable PCN warranty period, the following procedures must be followed or PCN shall have no further obligations to the BUYER:
- Call PCN support at 1-858-244-0434 to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Number, RMA numbers will be issued by telephone, fax or e-mail.
- RMA numbers will be void if merchandise is not received by PCN within 15 days from the date the RMA number is issued.
- Any merchandise returned to PCN without an RMA number will be refused.
The following information must be provided when requesting an RMA number:
- Detailed reason for return. PCN reserves the right to return any product unrepaired and without notification should the BUYER ship a product to PCN without original parts installed or sold by the manufacturer.
Requirements for RMA processing
- Ship defective product(s) to PCN with freight prepaid
- A copy of original picking ticket or invoice showing the item and its serial number circled
- A copy of the Quality Control Checklist for systems
- A detailed note describing all problems
- RMA Number clearly marked on mailing label, not on shipping box
All returned products must be packed in the original packaging and be complete or the warranty may be void. Non-compliance with the above requirements may void PCN's warranty as it applies to the items returned to PCN OR delay RMA processing and will therefore be subjected to the service charges detailed below.
RETURN FOR CREDIT - All sales returns must be processed through PCN Technical Support or RMA Departments. An RMA number will be issued for all credit returns. To receive credit, product(s) must be returned within 30 days from the invoice date. A minimum restocking fee of 15% of the total invoice price will be charged for all merchandise returned. The return of special order items will be handled in accordance with the manufacturers' warranties and return policies.
Please Note - Special order products, customized server configurations, operating systems and software are non-refundable. Returned merchandise for credit OR otherwise in accordance with PCN RMA policies, will not be accepted unless it is unused and packed in the original container with complete parts, manuals, and accessories, and must be received in reasonable condition after shipping. Defective items returned to Servers Direct after 30 days from the invoice date, but within PCN's applicable warranty period, will be processed in accordance with PCN's general RMA procedures herein described.
DAMAGED ON ARRIVAL (DOA) – For all DOA products, the BUYER is required to call for an RMA number within 7 days of the receipt date.
LEAD TIME OF SERVICE – All replacements are subject to stock availability and are generally processed within 72 hours of receipt. All shipments returned to the BUYER will be by UPS Ground. The BUYER is responsible for the difference in freight charges if the shipping instructions require express delivery.
SERVICE CHARGES – Non-PCN warranty service will be subject to a minimum of 1 (one) hour at PCN's current hourly labor rate. PCN reserves the right to refuse servicing any non-warranty work or non-PCN products. * Product(s) returned without defects – $20.00 per item or $75.00 per system plus $15.00 handling fee and freight plus COD charges. * Product(s) outside of PCN's Warranty – $15.00 per item plus freight and COD charges.
Refused Shipment – $15.00 handling fee plus freight and COD charges. Return Process subject to change without notice.